Are you surprised to see the doodle of Filipino Adobo on Google? You’re probably wondering what Filipino Adobo is and why we’re celebrating this Filipino dish today.
Google’s Doodle is an interactive animation designed to educate people with informative content, and it is also used to commemorate holidays, events, achievements, and notable personalities. Today’s doodle commemorates one of the most popular Philippine cuisines – Filipino adobo, which is also considered the national dish of the Philippines.
Today’s date is an especially honorable day when the word ‘adobo’ was first added to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) in December 2006. It was then included on the word list of the next OED quarterly update, released on this day in 2007.
For those scratching their heads, this scrumptious delight is known for its savor and slightly sweet flavor. It is often paired with steamed rice or mashed potatoes. The ingredients in the preparation of this dish can vary according to the region, but it mainly involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated with soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic. However, the dish is not always prepared in a single style. There are multiple variants of the same dish, like a soupy or saucy consistency version of the dish called “adobo sa gata” (adobo with coconut milk), which adds a creamy and slightly sweet flavor to the dish. It’s like using the same ingredients but with different creations.
That sounds mouth-watering, right? If you can’t wait to try it, there’s no need to worry. We have brought a list of some of the best Filipino restaurants chains across the United States, from where you can order this flavored Filipino delight.
- Jollibee – Jollibee is a Filipino fast-food chain that offers Amazing American inspired filipino cuisines
- Max’s Restaurant – Max’s Restaurant the Filipino restaurant chain is known for serving delicious filipino cuisines all across the world.
- Goldilocks – Goldilocks is a Filipino bakery and restaurant chain can be found in multiple locations arround United States.
- Chowking – Chowking is a Filipino fast-food chain that popularly known for their Chinese-Filipino dishes.
- Red Ribbon – Red Ribbon is a Filipino bakery chain that offers cakes, pastries, and other desserts.
For a more comfortable experience, you can just search for the Filipino restaurant near me on Google for more accurate and live results. Also, don’t forget to check out the deals and offers for the month of March over here.