National Day of Mourning is annually celebrated on every fourth Thursday of November in the United States which means this year it falls on November 24th.
National Day of Mourning honors Native Americans ancestors and their struggles to survive today. While the holiday coincides with Thanksgiving, the goal of this day is to educate people about Native American history which is often overshadowed by the story of the Thanksgiving so this day is celebrated in protest.
Here we have brought you some of the best wishes, messages and quotes to share on this occasion. In this way you will also be able to educate people about this very important day and makes them realize about the true history which includes persecution and discrimination against Native Americans.
|Event||National Day of Mourning|
|Date||November 24, 2022|
|Significance||The day aims to educate the public about Native Americans in the United States.|
|Observed by||United States|
National Day of Mourning 2022 Wishes and Messages:
1. On the occasion of National Day of Mourning! Let us all remember and acknowledge the true history of persecution and oppression of Native Americans by the European settlers in the country. Happy National Day of Mourning!
2. We know its Thanksgiving time to celebrate with family and friends but let us also remember that Thanksgiving was just a part of the story as it was followed by cruel oppression and persecution of Native Americans which must be recognized. Happy National Day of Mourning!
3. Let us not forget about the real history behind the Thanksgiving which is filled with bloodshed and massive destruction of Native Americans. It is time to remember it. Wishing everyone a very Happy National Day of Mourning!
4. Let us all take a pledge on the occasion of National Day of Mourning that we will tolerate any form of discrimination and bias towards Native Americans from now on and let us also acknowledge their dark past and not just rug it under. Happy National Day of Mourning!
5. Spending times with family and friends on Thanksgiving is good but let us also not forget the injustice that Native Americans had to face because of European colonizers. Best wishes to everyone on this National Day of Mourning!
6. National Day of Mourning comes every year along with Thanksgiving to remind us about the brutal past of America which is often not discussed and remains missing from our textbooks. Happy National Day of Mourning!
7. Let us take a moment to remember and pray for all of the Native American’s ancestors who were brutally killed by the European colonizers. Wishing all on this National Day of Mourning!
National Day of Mourning 2022 Quotes:
1. Always have respect for the American natives who have lived through all these times and kept their uniqueness intact despite all of the persecution and forced assimilation. Salute their spirit on this National Day of Mourning!
2. On the occasion of National Day of Mourning! Let us celebrate this day by recognizing all the pain and challenges the natives have undergone because of the colonizers in their own land. Happy National Day of Mourning!
3. Today Native Americans might not make a huge part of the American society because of their continuous oppression and persecution but it doesn’t mean that they don’t have a voice now and this voice deserves to be heard by everyone. Happy National Day of Mourning!
4. It is a time of celebrations with our closed ones as it is time of Thanksgiving so why not also use this opportunity to make people aware about the correct history between the Native Americans and Europeans colonizers instead of whitewashing this crucial part of history. Wishes to everyone on National Day of Mourning!
5. We must never forget that the Native Americans were the first occupants of this land where we stay. Let us always respect them and this important fact. Wishing everyone a very Happy National Day of Mourning!
6. It is a time of mourning for the country, let us all take a moment and remember about the cruel oppression and persecution which Native Americans had to go through in their own land. Happy National Day of Mourning!
7. The occasion of National Day of Mourning is all about recognizing all the prejudice and slaughter that we have executed on the natives. Let us pledge now to always help towards the progress and development of the Native Americans with respecting their culture and identity.